Cosmo Baker Love Break Three Mix
Happy New Year Folks! It seems like its been forever since we last posted a mix, but I suppose it has only been a few weeks. Before we get into this weeks musical treat, check out the Tokyo Duffel and the London Duffel, two new bags that came live over our last update. Check back later this week for the release of a new laptop bag, and some slick new cord management systems.
It’s the year 2011 and we know, sometimes its hard to let go. The new year brings with it new opportunities and room for growth. Before you move in to the new year and kick your feet up, make sure you check last years baggage at the door. Bring in the new year with some growth, and drop the bad with Cosmo Bakers Love Break Volume 3. It just may be the perfect way to break it to 2010.
-THE BAG MESSENGER
“I’m pleased to present to you the third and final installment in my Love Break series. It’s been a long time since I came out with any mixes and a few months ago I was listening to both the first and second mixes in this series and it just struck that I needed to release one very last statement for this. The first two are probably the most heralded mixes that I’ve ever done. They’re the ones that people holler at me about the most, and the ones that I’ve sold the most of with physical product. You can grab the other 2 joints on CD at my store here. It took me a few years to compile all the music that I thought would work just right for this mix, and for the tone of this mix I decided to take a more bittersweet perspective. But, just like the first two, I put this together with love and care, with minimal mixing and just allowing the songs to breathe and live on their own. So I hope you enjoy it.”
Cosmo Backer "Love Break Three - The Heart's Final Chapter"
- Ace Spectrum “I Don’t Want To Play Around”
- Banks & Hampton “I’m Gonna Have To Tell Her”
- Major Harris “I Got Over Love”
- New Birth “It’s Been A Long Time”
- Eddie Holman “It’s Over”
- Black Ivory “(It’s) Time To Say Goodbye”
- Marvin Gaye “Anger”
- Top Shelf “Let Them Keep On Talking”
- Lloyd Price “What Did You Do With My Love”
- Jerry Butler “No Money Down”
- The Moments “Love On A Two-Way Street”
- Steve Parks “Still Thinking Of You”
- Solomon Burke “Everlasting Love”
- Clay Hunt “(I’m Claimin’) FInders Keepers”
- Angela Winbush “Angel”
- The Isley Brothers “Ain’t I Been Good To You”
- Sweet Blindness “Ain’t No Use”
- Billy Stewart “Cross My Heart”
- The Delfonics “Trying To Make A Fool Out Of Me”
- Freddie Hughes “Sarah Mae”
- The Three Degrees “Collage”
- Nancy Wilson “I’m In Love”
- Patrice Rushen “Where There Is Love”
- Joann Garett “It’s No Secret”
- Bobby Womack “Woman’s Gotta Have It”
- Smokey Robinson & The Miracles “A Legend In It’s Own Time”
- Ben Vereen “I’ll Keep A Light In My Window”
- Teddy Pendergrass “I’ll Never See Heaven Again”
- Diana Ross “One Love In My Lifetime”
- Brothers By Choice “Baby, You Really Got me Going”
- Mary Wells “Two Lovers History”
Also in News
Toronto based DJ Kaewonder, who is the co-founder of cratery and Live Convention connected with Philly based producer and record nerd Master Sihn. The two share a love of psychedelic library sounds and pulled off an interesting collaborative tape that is full of fuzz drenched basslines and bugged out chops of samples strung together as a densely packed double sided DJ break mix.
View full article →
Love Injection is a monthly print fanzine that covers music and culture through the lens of the NYC DJ community. Previous issues have covered seminal disco labels like West End Records, interviews with the likes of the Loft's David Mancuso and Dimitri from Paris.
View full article →
We made some Rhodes Backpacks for Light in The Attic Records. With room for over 30 records the backpack features collaborative branding and comes in two exclusive color ways.
View full article →